Mhambi has been redeployed.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Dog story 1

Nico is an old friend of mine.

Tall and handsome - he used to be a provincial swimmer - he has always had lots of female attention. We met at university. Nico was remarkble, from a promiment Afrikaner family and the first white chairperson of the ANC at the University of Pretoria.


Oubaas se honne
Originally uploaded by Wildebeast1.



When I was in South Africa recently I went to his place in Pretoria for a braai (barbeque). I asked him whether he ever encountered racism in Pretoria?

"Almost never...

But once when I went to buy a Ridgeback (a type of dog) I encountered it."

"What happened?"

"There was this old lady. I enquired about a Ridgeback. She told me conspiritorially, that Ridgebacks are good guard dogs, because kaffirs hate them."

"Thats unfortunate" Nico said, "...my girlfriend is a kaffir."


Rose
Originally uploaded by Wildebeast1.



Nico and Rose are marrying in April.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: